Stocks and Other Securities

Some people choose to support the Golden Crescent CASA organization by donating gifts or securities. In addition to providing us with the crucial financial support needed to make a difference in the lives of abused children, you can save on capital gains taxation of appreciated securities. You can donate securities by transferring stock certificates or stock held through a broker. Stock held through your broker:

Most brokerage firms will require a letter of intent from you to request an electronic transfer of shared to Golden Crescent CASA. Please contact Golden Crescent CASA for any information needed.

Stock Certificates:
To transfer stock certificates, you will need a stock power for each certificate that you plan to donate. These stock powers need to be signature guaranteed-simply to go your local bank or broker and have them witness your signature. They will stamp it accordingly, After you have signed the powers (do not sign the back of the certificates), mail the certificates(s) in one envelope and the signed stock powers with the signature guarantee in a separate envelope. Mail the two envelopes to:

Golden Crescent CASA
Attn: Gifts of Stock
P.O. Box 1627
Victoria, Texas 77902

NOTE: To ensure the arrival of your gift, we recommend that the stock certificates be sent by certified mail with return receipt requested.

For more information, call the CASA office at 361.573.3734 or email

Connect with Us

Child and Advocate

Volunteer training classes are forming now. For more information on how to become a CASA volunteer or to sign up please call 361.573.3734.

Contact Form